Thanks to geeking out on Evangellion I recently stumbled upon this classic Japanese song called 365-step March.
This song is appears in EVANGELION:2.0 YOU CAN (NOT) ADVANCE when the new character Mari is fighting an Angel near the beginning of the movie. Being the crazy character that she is, Mari sings this song as she rides into battle.
三百六十五歩のマーチ by 水前寺清子
365-step March by Suizenji Kiyoko 水前寺清子 (すいぜんじ きよこ)
You can sing along by watching this video some people decided to take in a Karaoke bar.
Here is another clip from 2005.
This is one of those songs that literally everyone who grew up in Japan knows, so it’s a good chunk of knowledge to add to your Japanese culture database.
Welcome to JapanNewbie.com! My goal is to get you excited about Japan and the Japanese language. Love it! This blog has been around for more than five years now, so be sure to dig into the archives and use the search. You never know what you might find!
- You Reap What You Sow (5)
- Axel: Oh, ignore those who giggled, Jesus. I would be really impressed if any Japanese learner even tried to use a phrase 十人十色 (an English...
- Learning Japanese through Proverbs (5)
- Mark: I’m trying to translate this Japanese mantra, can you help? #hawaiianShaman
- Shaking Like a Poor Man (5)
- rugged_individual: Actually, the point of calling it poor man shake is that DOING it will cause you to demonstrate a lack of discipline, posture...
- Sewa – Hindi and Japanese (10)