Looking for some fun Japanese music to listen to?
The video features all the famous places in Osaka. Dotonbori Bridge, Tsutenkaku, Taiyou no Tou, and the entire video is in Kansai dialect. What more could you ask for?
It also includes funny commentary on Osaka life, like Grandma’s who talk super fast and non-stop, and
Chorus so you can sing along:
誰が何と言おうと 大阪UP！ (dare ga nanto iouto Osaka Up!)
地元LOVEやろ？ 大阪UP！ (jimoto Love uaro? Osaka Up!)
Osaka Up! x2
Whatever anyone says, OSAKA UP!
Osaka Up! x2
Hometown love right!? Osaka Up!
That was fun.
Catch the lyrics to Osaka Up! here – unofficial but they seem to be correct.
You can follow Shingo Nishinari on Twitter.
Welcome to JapanNewbie.com! My goal is to get you excited about Japan and the Japanese language. Love it! This blog has been around for more than five years now, so be sure to dig into the archives and use the search. You never know what you might find!
- You Reap What You Sow (5)
- Axel: Oh, ignore those who giggled, Jesus. I would be really impressed if any Japanese learner even tried to use a phrase 十人十色 (an English...
- Learning Japanese through Proverbs (5)
- Mark: I’m trying to translate this Japanese mantra, can you help? #hawaiianShaman
- Shaking Like a Poor Man (5)
- rugged_individual: Actually, the point of calling it poor man shake is that DOING it will cause you to demonstrate a lack of discipline, posture...
- Sewa – Hindi and Japanese (10)