I have a sudden interest in Japanese craft beers. I’m no expert, but I like beer.
Japan has already made an international name for itself with Japanese whiskey, and now it seems that Japanese beer is also getting some attention.
One of my friends in Shanghai mentioned that Japanese craft beer is pretty amazing, and after I arrived in Osaka for this trip one of the first things I noticed was a Kansai Scene article about local craft beer and an upcoming beer festival.
I have a long list of places in Kansai that serve craft beer, but my first stop was QBrick!
QBrick has an amazing list of international beers, but they also have a selection of 8 to 10 local Japanese beers as well. The list of Japanese beers changes depending on what is in stock, so it’s fun to check back from time to time to see if anything new has been added to the menu.
I also went for lunch once and tried their excellent hamburg steak. The price was very reasonable as well!
QBrick is a short walk from the Yodoyabashi subway station. Highly recommended.
Osaka Town Clip: QBrick
You can also follow me on Instragram. I’m “JapanNewbie” there too.
My Haphazard list of Kansai Craft Beer Bars
Osaka: Higobashi / Beer bar
Tosabori 1-1-30, Osaka River Building 1F. [on the N (river) side of the little road that runs alongside the river, between Higobashi (bridge) and Chikuzenbashi (bridge), 4 doors E of the latter] Open 5-midnight. Closed Sundays.
Address: Osaka-fu, Sakai-shi, Kita-ku Nakamozucho 2-71 B1F
TEL: 06-6203-0690FAX: 06-6203-0690
1-22-12 Kitahorie, Nishi-ku
Osaka, Japan 550-0014 [ print map ]
Near Yotsubashi and Nishiohashi
Standing bar 1020
天神橋5-6-23 (一松食品センター), 大阪市北区, 大阪府 530-0041, Japan
Hitotsumatsu Food Center, 5-6-23 Tenjinbashi, Kita-ku
Tadg’s Irish Bar and Restaurant
Beer Cafe Bakujun
Welcome to JapanNewbie.com! My goal is to get you excited about Japan and the Japanese language. Love it! This blog has been around for more than five years now, so be sure to dig into the archives and use the search. You never know what you might find!
- Shaking Like a Poor Man (5)
- rugged_individual: Actually, the point of calling it poor man shake is that DOING it will cause you to demonstrate a lack of discipline, posture...
- Sewa – Hindi and Japanese (10)
- IUC in Yokohama as an Advanced Student (43)
- Maria: Hey I was wondering, when did you hear back from IUC about getting in? I know the website says in mid-March, but how long was it for you?...
- Help a Newbie Get Work in Japan (42)
- Deepika-deepix Arora: You can improve your language from http://preply.com/en/japanese- by-skype