Today I attended a wine tasting party and there happened to be tons of old-school Japan hands there along with their respective Japanese wives. It was a little awkward being the youngest dude in the room by an entire generation, but it was cool to hear their stories.
One man had lived in Japan in the 70s, and he shared many interesting stories. One of the stories that he introduced included this really cool Japanese slang term.
Did you hear that??
信じられない (shinjirarenai) is I CAN’T BELIEVE IT. In Japanese.
Combine that with UNBELIEVABLE. And you get the barely pronounceable アン信じられラブル. OMG. I can hardly contain myself. This is SO COOL.
If you don’t believe me, click here to see アン信じられラブル in the wild.
That’s so awesome. Work with me. Let’s bring アン信じられラブル back.
Welcome to JapanNewbie.com! My goal is to get you excited about Japan and the Japanese language. Love it! This blog has been around for more than five years now, so be sure to dig into the archives and use the search. You never know what you might find!
- Life-sized Gundam Model in Tokyo (3)
- Vaughan MacDonald: Yeah that looks pretty cool. Oh hey, Big Zam!
- Denki Anma Attack (7)
- paulyhart: Putting the LAY in Frito Lay
- Study Abroad in Japan Tips from Joe in Japan (10)
- digiprog III: Very impressive comments to read that,thank you for reporting this,it is very useful,Looking forward to another great article. Good...
- Differences between Western and Asian Culture (13)
- RobinHoodGuest: Sadly yes, the author mentions that people in India do not queue properly and he is right. I am an Indian and live in India but I...
- Spiderman Goods (6)
- Brianna Thurman: Those are… the most AWESOME pieces of Spidey merchandise I’ve ever seen!! OwO