Today I attended a wine tasting party and there happened to be tons of old-school Japan hands there along with their respective Japanese wives. It was a little awkward being the youngest dude in the room by an entire generation, but it was cool to hear their stories.
One man had lived in Japan in the 70s, and he shared many interesting stories. One of the stories that he introduced included this really cool Japanese slang term.
Did you hear that??
信じられない (shinjirarenai) is I CAN’T BELIEVE IT. In Japanese.
Combine that with UNBELIEVABLE. And you get the barely pronounceable アン信じられラブル. OMG. I can hardly contain myself. This is SO COOL.
If you don’t believe me, click here to see アン信じられラブル in the wild.
That’s so awesome. Work with me. Let’s bring アン信じられラブル back.
Welcome to JapanNewbie.com! My goal is to get you excited about Japan and the Japanese language. Love it! This blog has been around for more than five years now, so be sure to dig into the archives and use the search. You never know what you might find!
- Which is harder, Japanese or Chinese? For me. (23)
- someguy: I’m coming in from the other side of the equation. I am quite proficient in French and curious about Japanese (or possibly...
- Review: Kanji Solitaire for iOS (1)
- purify_the_body: Thanks for this, newbie. I like this app.
- Tarako song explained (17)
- Gracie-chan: Really catchy tune! I thought kewbie dolls from the commericals were realky cute! They reminded me of russian nesting dolls.
- Giant Takoyaki (7)
- andreni burton: i loves takoyaki very delicious…. :9
- Japanese ebooks at Aozora Bunko (6)
- Mick: hi Harvey could you send to my email your detailed instruction manual preferably with the japanese text and then the translation into english...