I’m new to Netflix. Of course, I immediately searched for content in Japanese.
At first I as disappointed to find that most of the Anime is dubbed into English, with no way to choose to watch the same in Japanese, but then I started to discover movies in Japanese, and even some anime in Japanese!
Here is a running list of Japanese content on Netflix.
Subtitled Anime on Netflix
Naruto, Season 1 and 2
Death Note (Anime)
Subtitled Japanese Movies on Netflix (that probably don’t suck)
Akira Kurosawa’s Dreams
Big Man Japan
Branded to Kill
Graveyard of Honor
High And Low
I Am an S&M Writer (Futai No Kisetsu)
Letters from Iwo Jima
Man, Woman and the Wall
Sex Machine (The Strange Saga of Hiroshi the Freeloading Sex Machine / Himo no Hiroshi / Sex mashin: Hiwai na kisetsu)
Shinobi, Heart Under Blade
I think this link will get you more Japanese Language movies on netflix. I think most of the movies are tagged with Japanese_Language, but I’m not sure how consistent the tagging is, and whether or not the Anime is included.
Thanks for @DaggerTribal for helping me find these!
Welcome to JapanNewbie.com! My goal is to get you excited about Japan and the Japanese language. Love it! This blog has been around for more than five years now, so be sure to dig into the archives and use the search. You never know what you might find!
- Rape of Nanking (25)
- Toshiaki Haginoya: “Rape of Nanking” is hoax. Do not be fooled by the Chinese Communist Propaganda machine. They are a bunch of liars....
- IUC in Yokohama as an Advanced Student (42)
- Paula: Harvey, would you mind telling me a bit about the content of Japanese Entrance Exam. I have studied Japanese for two years at the University...
- Japanese Content on Netflix (18)
- Olivia: are there any Japanese subtitles on netflix?!?
- How I use my Kindle (35)
- Jullie: Hello, if you need to convert pdf files to mobi or epub formats for your Kindle, I recommend to have a look at this free toolkit kitpdf.com...
- Five Ways to get or stay Stuck in an Expat Bubble (6)
- Eorthisio: Sticking with other expats is a major mistake to avoid at all costs, especially in Asian countries. From my personal experience people...