Wearing cat ears is awesome.
Controlling stuff with your brain is freakin’ awesome too.
Wearing brain-controllec cat ears? Take my money now!
This Wired Magazine article explains quite nicely:
“The cat ear product, called “necomimi” is a novelty hair band that is worn in the normal way but features sensors that pick up on brain signals and convert them into visible actions — in this case by wiggling the cat ears.”
Here are some youtube videos literally showing the ears in action.
Well, it wouldn’t be a JapanNebwie post without a little Japanese language education thrown in now would it…
The Japanese in that 2nd video title is 脳波ネコミミを体験！
脳波 (nouha) literally means, “brain” “waves.”
ネコ (neko) is katakana for 猫 which is “cat.”
ミミ (mimi) is katakana for 耳 which is “ears.”
When you’re watching the second video you’ll hear the person running the trials telling people to either リラックス (rirakkusu) “relax” or to 集中する (shuuchuu suru) which means to concentrate. If they concentrate the ears should go up. It seems that people have a harder time getting the ears to relax again once they have gotten them to stand up…
Pretty straight forward. And now you know how to stay brain waves in Japanese.
The company that makes these is called ニューロウェア (Neurowear). Here is Neurowear’s official vol1 blog post on the product.
You know though… after watching that first YouTube video… I can’t help to think that they’re sort of a wearable… I mean, did you see how they perk up when the girl looked at that cute guy? It’s kind of like the function that males naturally have, but is normally hidden away from public view. Is my mind in the gutter?
I’ve said too much.
Welcome to JapanNewbie.com! My goal is to get you excited about Japan and the Japanese language. Love it! This blog has been around for more than five years now, so be sure to dig into the archives and use the search. You never know what you might find!
- Review: Kanji Solitaire for iOS (1)
- purify_the_body: Thanks for this, newbie. I like this app.
- Tarako song explained (17)
- Gracie-chan: Really catchy tune! I thought kewbie dolls from the commericals were realky cute! They reminded me of russian nesting dolls.
- Giant Takoyaki (7)
- andreni burton: i loves takoyaki very delicious…. :9
- Japanese ebooks at Aozora Bunko (6)
- Mick: hi Harvey could you send to my email your detailed instruction manual preferably with the japanese text and then the translation into english...
- Japanese Wedding Gifts (16)
- Rich Kooyer: Hi There! This article is very helpful. We had our civil ceremony last month and now will have a chapel ceremony in June. Is there one...