Got great feedback from the first Podcast Recommendation post, so here’s another one!
This video podcast will introduce you to the ancient Japanese poems, Manyoushuu.
You would have to have incredibly advanced Japanese mad skillz to understand the language used in the actual poems the first time around, but don’t worry, most Japanese can’t either. That’s the point of this podcast. It will help you!
After they introduce the poem they will then use modern Japanese to explain the meaning. This podcast is, as was the other personal tech one, geared towards native Japanese speakers, so it doesn’t pull any punches. It’s real Japanese in action.
I love this podcasat because… well… I’m not a softy… usually… I mean geez… 何というのかな。 これは奇麗だよ！泣きたくなるぐらい美しい！！！
… What? I had something in my eye.
Anyway, let me know how you like it in the comments, and let me know if you have any other recommendations!
Search the iTunes Store podcasts for “Manyoushu” and you can find this one.
Here is a direct link to the Manyoushuu podcast in the iTunes Store.
Here you can snag the Manyoushuu Podcast .mp3 files individually.
They also have a proper Manyoushuu website here.
You can learn about Manyoushuu on Wikipedia… where else?
Welcome to JapanNewbie.com! My goal is to get you excited about Japan and the Japanese language. Love it! This blog has been around for more than five years now, so be sure to dig into the archives and use the search. You never know what you might find!
- Which is harder, Japanese or Chinese? For me. (23)
- someguy: I’m coming in from the other side of the equation. I am quite proficient in French and curious about Japanese (or possibly...
- Review: Kanji Solitaire for iOS (1)
- purify_the_body: Thanks for this, newbie. I like this app.
- Tarako song explained (17)
- Gracie-chan: Really catchy tune! I thought kewbie dolls from the commericals were realky cute! They reminded me of russian nesting dolls.
- Giant Takoyaki (7)
- andreni burton: i loves takoyaki very delicious…. :9
- Japanese ebooks at Aozora Bunko (6)
- Mick: hi Harvey could you send to my email your detailed instruction manual preferably with the japanese text and then the translation into english...