Found this Kansai-ben converter on the web.
After giving it a few tests…
Input: わかりません → Output: わかりまへん
Input: もう我慢できません → Output: もう我慢できまへん
Input: オレは外国人じゃないよ。 → Output: オレは外国人じゃないよ。
Input: 私のカメラは使い物になりません。 → Ouput: わてのカメラは使い物になりまへん。
Haha, that’s funny.
Input: あめなめたい → Output: あめなめたいちゅーワケや。
Alright fun stuff. The typical ません to まへん, and I see a 私 to わて which is kinda funny because young people wouldn’t speak like that… but perhaps some old folk do. And then some powerful たい turning to… ちゅーワケや！
Not the most natural thing in the world, but great to kill a few minutes! Give it a shot!
Welcome to JapanNewbie.com! My goal is to get you excited about Japan and the Japanese language. Love it! This blog has been around for more than five years now, so be sure to dig into the archives and use the search. You never know what you might find!
- Which is harder, Japanese or Chinese? For me. (23)
- someguy: I’m coming in from the other side of the equation. I am quite proficient in French and curious about Japanese (or possibly...
- Review: Kanji Solitaire for iOS (1)
- purify_the_body: Thanks for this, newbie. I like this app.
- Tarako song explained (17)
- Gracie-chan: Really catchy tune! I thought kewbie dolls from the commericals were realky cute! They reminded me of russian nesting dolls.
- Giant Takoyaki (7)
- andreni burton: i loves takoyaki very delicious…. :9
- Japanese ebooks at Aozora Bunko (6)
- Mick: hi Harvey could you send to my email your detailed instruction manual preferably with the japanese text and then the translation into english...