Found this Kansai-ben converter on the web.
After giving it a few tests…
Input: わかりません → Output: わかりまへん
Input: もう我慢できません → Output: もう我慢できまへん
Input: オレは外国人じゃないよ。 → Output: オレは外国人じゃないよ。
Input: 私のカメラは使い物になりません。 → Ouput: わてのカメラは使い物になりまへん。
Haha, that’s funny.
Input: あめなめたい → Output: あめなめたいちゅーワケや。
Alright fun stuff. The typical ません to まへん, and I see a 私 to わて which is kinda funny because young people wouldn’t speak like that… but perhaps some old folk do. And then some powerful たい turning to… ちゅーワケや！
Not the most natural thing in the world, but great to kill a few minutes! Give it a shot!
Welcome to JapanNewbie.com! My goal is to get you excited about Japan and the Japanese language. Love it! This blog has been around for more than five years now, so be sure to dig into the archives and use the search. You never know what you might find!
- IUC in Yokohama as an Advanced Student (43)
- Maria: Hey I was wondering, when did you hear back from IUC about getting in? I know the website says in mid-March, but how long was it for you?...
- Help a Newbie Get Work in Japan (42)
- Deepika-deepix Arora: You can improve your language from http://preply.com/en/japanese- by-skype
- Sewa – Hindi and Japanese (8)
- The Shade: Many words are pretty much the same. Naraku in japanese has the same meaning as Narak in hindi. (i.e Hell.) There were some other words...
- Bad Priest (8)