You need more Kansai-ben in your life, and I’m here to help.
This song has direct Osaka and Kansai culture references, traditional Japanese background music, and Kansai-ben to make it fun. Not something I would listen to every day, but very fun to listen to once in a while! Also the lyrics are goofy enough that I notice some new funny bit every time I listen to it. I just downloaded it from HearJapan.com so I have listened to it about 5 times now.
The lyrics are filled with stories of theft, and theft prevention. You know, hittakuri grabbing purses out of the front of bicycles – be sure to use a bicycle basket cover thing. Watch out for groups trying to pick your pocket in crowded places. Stuff like that. The lyrics warn that if you steal stuff, no matter how hard you try to hide or run, eventually you’ll end up in jail – so better not to try and steal stuff!
I haven’t been able to find this song on YouTube or anything, but you can hear a pretty good length clip on the HearJapan page.
Apparently this song was used in a Osaka public service campaign against stealing as well. I guess I was in the States already so missed it though!
Welcome to JapanNewbie.com! My goal is to get you excited about Japan and the Japanese language. Love it! This blog has been around for more than five years now, so be sure to dig into the archives and use the search. You never know what you might find!
- IUC in Yokohama as an Advanced Student (42)
- Paula: Harvey, would you mind telling me a bit about the content of Japanese Entrance Exam. I have studied Japanese for two years at the University...
- Japanese Content on Netflix (18)
- Olivia: are there any Japanese subtitles on netflix?!?
- How I use my Kindle (35)
- Jullie: Hello, if you need to convert pdf files to mobi or epub formats for your Kindle, I recommend to have a look at this free toolkit kitpdf.com...
- Five Ways to get or stay Stuck in an Expat Bubble (6)
- Eorthisio: Sticking with other expats is a major mistake to avoid at all costs, especially in Asian countries. From my personal experience people...
- Hanshin Tigers! (21)
- John Box: Hi Harvey. Sorry to post here but I can’t make it through the Captcha on your contact page. I’d like to offer you a copy of...