Finally, a place where you can buy a Fully-Automatic Takoyaki Maker online and have it shipped overseas. If you still haven’t made that last minute holiday gift purchase for that special Japanese-loving someone, this might be worth a look!
Did I say “fully automatic?” Why yes, yes I did.
I have actually never seen a fully-automatic Takoyaki Maker before – this is pretty swank!
This thing flips and rounds the Takoyaki for you, so you don’t have to be all busy with the stick turning them. Well, not -as- busy anyway. As you can see from the video, you have to be sure that one side is pretty well cooked before you start the motor to get the auto flipping going, but once you get it right it’s pretty cool. Plus, it’s fun to watch.
If you’re still wondering what to get your very special Japan geek for the holiday season, maybe this Takoyaki maker is worth a look.
Check the links below if you want some more background information on Takoyaki!
Vintage JapanNewbie from 2005: Takoyaki.
Takoyaki Party 2006
Takoyaki Home Party!
How to make Takoyaki at Home
Haagen Dazs Takoyaki!?
You can BE Takoyaki
Takoyaki with Green Onions in Osaka.
Osaka Meal. Okonomiyaki and Takoyaki.
Welcome to JapanNewbie.com! My goal is to get you excited about Japan and the Japanese language. Love it! This blog has been around for more than five years now, so be sure to dig into the archives and use the search. You never know what you might find!
- Hanshin Tigers! (20)
- Yeayeaohyea: Hey cool blog, any idea where I can get a tigers jersey?
- A Poem by Misuzu Kaneko (7)
- Timothy Takemoto: I wonder how “ii” became “wonderful.”
- News in Slow (as in speed) Japanese (2)
- msg: Even if I don’t understand the comedy skits, somehow they were funny. :)
- Rape of Nanking (24)
- Toshiaki Haginoya: “Rape of Nanking” is hoax. People who believe Nanking Massacre actually took place must visit this site.People who...
- Maborosi (8)
- Gaylan Mathiesen: I very much enjoyed Maborosi, but then I lived in Japan for 11 years. I also enjoy European movies, so a slower pace...