Yes. This is culture. Japanese Doritos?
Denki Anma is a technique, if you will, that was popular in Japan among elementary school kids approximately 15-20 years ago.
Much like the picture, one person will grab the others legs, and place their foot in the others crotch.
The foot is then jiggled, causing discomfort, and getting a hearty laugh(?) from the other.
The Denki Anma technique was used on female and male victims indiscriminately.
An “Anma”, is a type of electronic massage device, you can find them built into chairs at onsen and similar places.
The denki anma should be brought back. Or, “resurrected” if you will.
Please practice this at home, in you respective countries.
Welcome to JapanNewbie.com! My goal is to get you excited about Japan and the Japanese language. Love it! This blog has been around for more than five years now, so be sure to dig into the archives and use the search. You never know what you might find!
- Japanese Emoticons Part 2 (17)
- Free iPhone App from The JapanShop (4)
- Mel: Just wondering if the app allows the readings to be displayed in hiragana instead of romaji :/
- Which is harder, Japanese or Chinese? For me. (24)
- Jorena: writing Chinese also gets harder if you use traditional characters like in Taiwan. And if studying Mandarin/Chinese in Taiwan as opposed to...