Yes. This is culture. Japanese Doritos?
Denki Anma is a technique, if you will, that was popular in Japan among elementary school kids approximately 15-20 years ago.
Much like the picture, one person will grab the others legs, and place their foot in the others crotch.
The foot is then jiggled, causing discomfort, and getting a hearty laugh(?) from the other.
The Denki Anma technique was used on female and male victims indiscriminately.
An “Anma”, is a type of electronic massage device, you can find them built into chairs at onsen and similar places.
The denki anma should be brought back. Or, “resurrected” if you will.
Please practice this at home, in you respective countries.
Welcome to JapanNewbie.com! My goal is to get you excited about Japan and the Japanese language. Love it! This blog has been around for more than five years now, so be sure to dig into the archives and use the search. You never know what you might find!
- IUC in Yokohama as an Advanced Student (42)
- Paula: Harvey, would you mind telling me a bit about the content of Japanese Entrance Exam. I have studied Japanese for two years at the University...
- Japanese Content on Netflix (18)
- Olivia: are there any Japanese subtitles on netflix?!?
- How I use my Kindle (35)
- Jullie: Hello, if you need to convert pdf files to mobi or epub formats for your Kindle, I recommend to have a look at this free toolkit kitpdf.com...
- Five Ways to get or stay Stuck in an Expat Bubble (6)
- Eorthisio: Sticking with other expats is a major mistake to avoid at all costs, especially in Asian countries. From my personal experience people...
- Hanshin Tigers! (21)
- John Box: Hi Harvey. Sorry to post here but I can’t make it through the Captcha on your contact page. I’d like to offer you a copy of...