Yes. This is culture. Japanese Doritos?
Denki Anma is a technique, if you will, that was popular in Japan among elementary school kids approximately 15-20 years ago.
Much like the picture, one person will grab the others legs, and place their foot in the others crotch.
The foot is then jiggled, causing discomfort, and getting a hearty laugh(?) from the other.
The Denki Anma technique was used on female and male victims indiscriminately.
An “Anma”, is a type of electronic massage device, you can find them built into chairs at onsen and similar places.
The denki anma should be brought back. Or, “resurrected” if you will.
Please practice this at home, in you respective countries.
Welcome to JapanNewbie.com! My goal is to get you excited about Japan and the Japanese language. Love it! This blog has been around for more than five years now, so be sure to dig into the archives and use the search. You never know what you might find!
- You Reap What You Sow (5)
- Axel: Oh, ignore those who giggled, Jesus. I would be really impressed if any Japanese learner even tried to use a phrase 十人十色 (an English...
- Learning Japanese through Proverbs (5)
- Mark: I’m trying to translate this Japanese mantra, can you help? #hawaiianShaman
- Shaking Like a Poor Man (5)
- rugged_individual: Actually, the point of calling it poor man shake is that DOING it will cause you to demonstrate a lack of discipline, posture...
- Sewa – Hindi and Japanese (10)