Yes. This is culture. Japanese Doritos?
Denki Anma is a technique, if you will, that was popular in Japan among elementary school kids approximately 15-20 years ago.
Much like the picture, one person will grab the others legs, and place their foot in the others crotch.
The foot is then jiggled, causing discomfort, and getting a hearty laugh(?) from the other.
The Denki Anma technique was used on female and male victims indiscriminately.
An “Anma”, is a type of electronic massage device, you can find them built into chairs at onsen and similar places.
The denki anma should be brought back. Or, “resurrected” if you will.
Please practice this at home, in you respective countries.
Welcome to JapanNewbie.com! My goal is to get you excited about Japan and the Japanese language. Love it! This blog has been around for more than five years now, so be sure to dig into the archives and use the search. You never know what you might find!
- IUC in Yokohama as an Advanced Student (43)
- Maria: Hey I was wondering, when did you hear back from IUC about getting in? I know the website says in mid-March, but how long was it for you?...
- Help a Newbie Get Work in Japan (42)
- Deepika-deepix Arora: You can improve your language from http://preply.com/en/japanese- by-skype
- Sewa – Hindi and Japanese (8)
- The Shade: Many words are pretty much the same. Naraku in japanese has the same meaning as Narak in hindi. (i.e Hell.) There were some other words...
- Bad Priest (8)