Yes. This is culture. Japanese Doritos?
Denki Anma is a technique, if you will, that was popular in Japan among elementary school kids approximately 15-20 years ago.
Much like the picture, one person will grab the others legs, and place their foot in the others crotch.
The foot is then jiggled, causing discomfort, and getting a hearty laugh(?) from the other.
The Denki Anma technique was used on female and male victims indiscriminately.
An “Anma”, is a type of electronic massage device, you can find them built into chairs at onsen and similar places.
The denki anma should be brought back. Or, “resurrected” if you will.
Please practice this at home, in you respective countries.
Welcome to JapanNewbie.com! My goal is to get you excited about Japan and the Japanese language. Love it! This blog has been around for more than five years now, so be sure to dig into the archives and use the search. You never know what you might find!
- Life-sized Gundam Model in Tokyo (3)
- Vaughan MacDonald: Yeah that looks pretty cool. Oh hey, Big Zam!
- Denki Anma Attack (7)
- paulyhart: Putting the LAY in Frito Lay
- Study Abroad in Japan Tips from Joe in Japan (10)
- digiprog III: Very impressive comments to read that,thank you for reporting this,it is very useful,Looking forward to another great article. Good...
- Differences between Western and Asian Culture (13)
- RobinHoodGuest: Sadly yes, the author mentions that people in India do not queue properly and he is right. I am an Indian and live in India but I...
- Spiderman Goods (6)
- Brianna Thurman: Those are… the most AWESOME pieces of Spidey merchandise I’ve ever seen!! OwO