A friend sent me this image, along with a few others showing incredible “new” fashion trends in Japan. He wanted to check to be sure they were legit.
I have never seen this stuff on the street, so I figured it was just some kind of a Photoshop hoax… But after some Googling of the terms that appear in the screen shots…
I found this website that actually sells these “ultra low rise denim bikini pants“. Apparently they are from Brazil and are some kind of new fashion trend. The price is exactly the same as shown on the Japanese TV show pictured in the images.
Call me old-fashioned… But I’m amazed.
Anyone seen these in the wild?
Welcome to JapanNewbie.com! My goal is to get you excited about Japan and the Japanese language. Love it! This blog has been around for more than five years now, so be sure to dig into the archives and use the search. You never know what you might find!
- Life-sized Gundam Model in Tokyo (3)
- Vaughan MacDonald: Yeah that looks pretty cool. Oh hey, Big Zam!
- Denki Anma Attack (7)
- paulyhart: Putting the LAY in Frito Lay
- Study Abroad in Japan Tips from Joe in Japan (10)
- digiprog III: Very impressive comments to read that,thank you for reporting this,it is very useful,Looking forward to another great article. Good...
- Differences between Western and Asian Culture (13)
- RobinHoodGuest: Sadly yes, the author mentions that people in India do not queue properly and he is right. I am an Indian and live in India but I...
- Spiderman Goods (6)
- Brianna Thurman: Those are… the most AWESOME pieces of Spidey merchandise I’ve ever seen!! OwO