A friend sent me this image, along with a few others showing incredible “new” fashion trends in Japan. He wanted to check to be sure they were legit.
I have never seen this stuff on the street, so I figured it was just some kind of a Photoshop hoax… But after some Googling of the terms that appear in the screen shots…
I found this website that actually sells these “ultra low rise denim bikini pants“. Apparently they are from Brazil and are some kind of new fashion trend. The price is exactly the same as shown on the Japanese TV show pictured in the images.
Call me old-fashioned… But I’m amazed.
Anyone seen these in the wild?
Welcome to JapanNewbie.com! My goal is to get you excited about Japan and the Japanese language. Love it! This blog has been around for more than five years now, so be sure to dig into the archives and use the search. You never know what you might find!
- Rape of Nanking (25)
- Toshiaki Haginoya: “Rape of Nanking” is hoax. Do not be fooled by the Chinese Communist Propaganda machine. They are a bunch of liars....
- IUC in Yokohama as an Advanced Student (42)
- Paula: Harvey, would you mind telling me a bit about the content of Japanese Entrance Exam. I have studied Japanese for two years at the University...
- Japanese Content on Netflix (18)
- Olivia: are there any Japanese subtitles on netflix?!?
- How I use my Kindle (35)
- Jullie: Hello, if you need to convert pdf files to mobi or epub formats for your Kindle, I recommend to have a look at this free toolkit kitpdf.com...
- Five Ways to get or stay Stuck in an Expat Bubble (6)
- Eorthisio: Sticking with other expats is a major mistake to avoid at all costs, especially in Asian countries. From my personal experience people...