A friend sent me this image, along with a few others showing incredible “new” fashion trends in Japan. He wanted to check to be sure they were legit.
I have never seen this stuff on the street, so I figured it was just some kind of a Photoshop hoax… But after some Googling of the terms that appear in the screen shots…
I found this website that actually sells these “ultra low rise denim bikini pants“. Apparently they are from Brazil and are some kind of new fashion trend. The price is exactly the same as shown on the Japanese TV show pictured in the images.
Call me old-fashioned… But I’m amazed.
Anyone seen these in the wild?
Welcome to JapanNewbie.com! My goal is to get you excited about Japan and the Japanese language. Love it! This blog has been around for more than five years now, so be sure to dig into the archives and use the search. You never know what you might find!
- You Reap What You Sow (5)
- Axel: Oh, ignore those who giggled, Jesus. I would be really impressed if any Japanese learner even tried to use a phrase 十人十色 (an English...
- Learning Japanese through Proverbs (5)
- Mark: I’m trying to translate this Japanese mantra, can you help? #hawaiianShaman
- Shaking Like a Poor Man (5)
- rugged_individual: Actually, the point of calling it poor man shake is that DOING it will cause you to demonstrate a lack of discipline, posture...
- Sewa – Hindi and Japanese (10)