At Kawagoe Festival in Saitama, we stopped by a chocolate banana vendor.
Chocolate bananas, along with candied apples, takoyaki and whatnot are a typical festival snack in Japan. This booth in particular was interesting because they have a special deal.
When you buy one chocolate banana for 200 yen, you get a chance to challenge the shop keeper in a game of paper scissors rock! If you win, you get two bananas for the price of one!
If you lose, you just get your one banana.
Welcome to JapanNewbie.com! My goal is to get you excited about Japan and the Japanese language. Love it! This blog has been around for more than five years now, so be sure to dig into the archives and use the search. You never know what you might find!
- Which is harder, Japanese or Chinese? For me. (23)
- someguy: I’m coming in from the other side of the equation. I am quite proficient in French and curious about Japanese (or possibly...
- Review: Kanji Solitaire for iOS (1)
- purify_the_body: Thanks for this, newbie. I like this app.
- Tarako song explained (17)
- Gracie-chan: Really catchy tune! I thought kewbie dolls from the commericals were realky cute! They reminded me of russian nesting dolls.
- Giant Takoyaki (7)
- andreni burton: i loves takoyaki very delicious…. :9
- Japanese ebooks at Aozora Bunko (6)
- Mick: hi Harvey could you send to my email your detailed instruction manual preferably with the japanese text and then the translation into english...