At Kawagoe Festival in Saitama, we stopped by a chocolate banana vendor.
Chocolate bananas, along with candied apples, takoyaki and whatnot are a typical festival snack in Japan. This booth in particular was interesting because they have a special deal.
When you buy one chocolate banana for 200 yen, you get a chance to challenge the shop keeper in a game of paper scissors rock! If you win, you get two bananas for the price of one!
If you lose, you just get your one banana.
Welcome to JapanNewbie.com! My goal is to get you excited about Japan and the Japanese language. Love it! This blog has been around for more than five years now, so be sure to dig into the archives and use the search. You never know what you might find!
- Rape of Nanking (25)
- Toshiaki Haginoya: “Rape of Nanking” is hoax. Do not be fooled by the Chinese Communist Propaganda machine. They are a bunch of liars....
- IUC in Yokohama as an Advanced Student (42)
- Paula: Harvey, would you mind telling me a bit about the content of Japanese Entrance Exam. I have studied Japanese for two years at the University...
- Japanese Content on Netflix (18)
- Olivia: are there any Japanese subtitles on netflix?!?
- How I use my Kindle (35)
- Jullie: Hello, if you need to convert pdf files to mobi or epub formats for your Kindle, I recommend to have a look at this free toolkit kitpdf.com...
- Five Ways to get or stay Stuck in an Expat Bubble (6)
- Eorthisio: Sticking with other expats is a major mistake to avoid at all costs, especially in Asian countries. From my personal experience people...