At Kawagoe Festival in Saitama, we stopped by a chocolate banana vendor.
Chocolate bananas, along with candied apples, takoyaki and whatnot are a typical festival snack in Japan. This booth in particular was interesting because they have a special deal.
When you buy one chocolate banana for 200 yen, you get a chance to challenge the shop keeper in a game of paper scissors rock! If you win, you get two bananas for the price of one!
If you lose, you just get your one banana.
Welcome to JapanNewbie.com! My goal is to get you excited about Japan and the Japanese language. Love it! This blog has been around for more than five years now, so be sure to dig into the archives and use the search. You never know what you might find!
- Sewa – Hindi and Japanese (9)
- IUC in Yokohama as an Advanced Student (43)
- Maria: Hey I was wondering, when did you hear back from IUC about getting in? I know the website says in mid-March, but how long was it for you?...
- Help a Newbie Get Work in Japan (42)
- Deepika-deepix Arora: You can improve your language from http://preply.com/en/japanese- by-skype
- Bad Priest (8)
- Jodo Shinshu: You really have no idea what you are talking about. Newbie just about sums it up.