At Kawagoe Festival in Saitama, we stopped by a chocolate banana vendor.
Chocolate bananas, along with candied apples, takoyaki and whatnot are a typical festival snack in Japan. This booth in particular was interesting because they have a special deal.
When you buy one chocolate banana for 200 yen, you get a chance to challenge the shop keeper in a game of paper scissors rock! If you win, you get two bananas for the price of one!
If you lose, you just get your one banana.
Welcome to JapanNewbie.com! My goal is to get you excited about Japan and the Japanese language. Love it! This blog has been around for more than five years now, so be sure to dig into the archives and use the search. You never know what you might find!
- Life-sized Gundam Model in Tokyo (3)
- Vaughan MacDonald: Yeah that looks pretty cool. Oh hey, Big Zam!
- Denki Anma Attack (7)
- paulyhart: Putting the LAY in Frito Lay
- Study Abroad in Japan Tips from Joe in Japan (10)
- digiprog III: Very impressive comments to read that,thank you for reporting this,it is very useful,Looking forward to another great article. Good...
- Differences between Western and Asian Culture (13)
- RobinHoodGuest: Sadly yes, the author mentions that people in India do not queue properly and he is right. I am an Indian and live in India but I...
- Spiderman Goods (6)
- Brianna Thurman: Those are… the most AWESOME pieces of Spidey merchandise I’ve ever seen!! OwO