At Kawagoe Festival in Saitama, we stopped by a chocolate banana vendor.
Chocolate bananas, along with candied apples, takoyaki and whatnot are a typical festival snack in Japan. This booth in particular was interesting because they have a special deal.
When you buy one chocolate banana for 200 yen, you get a chance to challenge the shop keeper in a game of paper scissors rock! If you win, you get two bananas for the price of one!
If you lose, you just get your one banana.
Welcome to JapanNewbie.com! My goal is to get you excited about Japan and the Japanese language. Love it! This blog has been around for more than five years now, so be sure to dig into the archives and use the search. You never know what you might find!
- Five Ways to get or stay Stuck in an Expat Bubble (6)
- Eorthisio: Sticking with other expats is a major mistake to avoid at all costs, especially in Asian countries. From my personal experience people...
- Hanshin Tigers! (21)
- A Poem by Misuzu Kaneko (7)
- Timothy Takemoto: I wonder how “ii” became “wonderful.”
- News in Slow (as in speed) Japanese (2)
- msg: Even if I don’t understand the comedy skits, somehow they were funny. :)